1) All posts will be advertised both within the company as well as externally.
2) All job advertisements will include the following information for all potential applicants to read:
All applicants should note that:
Go Languages is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Successful candidates are likely to be required to undergo a DBS (formerly CRB) check and may be required to sign a Declaration of Suitability to Work with Children. Interviews are face-to-face. Proof of identity and qualifications may be required at the interview. References will be followed up. A reference request will ask specifically whether there is any reason the candidate should not be employed with persons under 18. Please provide e-mail addresses and phone numbers of at least 2 referees. All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily.
Please apply only if you meet the requirements and are available for a face-to-face interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
3) Interviewing should be done by those with training and/or experience in this area as far as is possible. Interviews for candidates who will be working with children are carried out face to face.
4) Questions asked during the interview should be relevant to the job description. Interviews must include questions that probe candidate’s attitudes to safeguarding children.
5) References will be taken up. Written references may also be verified by telephone by speaking to the referee (not a colleague) and this will be noted on the employee’s file by the person who has carried out the verification by initialing and dating the written reference. Reference requests will contain the following question:
“Have there been any disciplinary procedures / allegations or concerns expressed about the candidate during his or her employment that relate to the safety and welfare of children and young people?”
6) Staff will receive a full induction preferably before they start. Each new staff member will be issued with their own induction checklist which will include:
• guidance regarding not being alone with pupils and appropriate physical contact when pupils are distressed or in need of assistance (e.g. with soiled clothing);
• discussion related to the safe use of mobile phones and cameras in school;
•guidance about what to do if they witness inappropriate behaviour towards children from other members of staff
• a general list of topics all staff must be aware of (e.g. Health and Safety Policy), to be completed with the employee and their line manager
Welcome to MLAWORLD.COM
Summer Courses – Destinations